The Center for Career and Professional Success is bringing an exciting event for undergraduates next semester: Interview with a Buckeye!
Improve your interviewing confidence, your ability to make a positive impression, and increase your chances of succeeding in a post-career fair interview by participating in the Interview with a Buckeye event on February 18-19. Multiple time slots will be available on both days, with all mock interviews being held in 050 Denney Hall.
For this event, we are bringing in College of Arts and Sciences alumni who will provide feedback about your interviewing skills, answer questions you may have about interviewing, and provide tips for resume improvement. This is an excellent opportunity to network with Arts and Sciences alumni and to learn more about how they’re using their degree in the workplace.
This event is currently open for registration on handshake here. To register, click “apply” and upload a copy of your resume to pick a timeslot for your interview that works with your schedule.
The Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry with the Center for Career and Professional Success are hosting, Life Beyond Degree: Biochem/Chem; an interactive presentation about networking best practices followed with a networking mix and mingle event with alumni! You will learn best practices on how to create your own elevator pitch, use social media platforms to network with alumni and employers, utilizing LinkedIn, Alumnifire, and more!
Meet and network with alumni in speed networking sessions and implement the strategies learned in the workshop for part two of the event; an opportunity to practice what you learned and connect with alumni from your degree! “Speed dating” rounds will provide you with a great opportunity to chat one on one or in a small group with alumni to gather how they transformed their degree into a career. We encouraged you to attend both sessions but it is not a requirement. Free food and beverages!
Where: Campbell Hall 100
When: Monday September 30th from 4:30-7:30PM
“From Bench to Bedside: Nonsterodial Anti-inflammatory Drug Chemistry in Medical Practice”
Catch Sheryl Mascarenhas in 100 Ramseyer Hall on Friday, April 19th at 2:30 to hear her lecture on Nonsterodial Anti-inflammatory Drug Chemistry in the medical field.
Application Deadline: November, 20th @ 11:59PM
Oak Ridge Associated Universities is looking for upcoming graduates and alumni for their open specialist position! Become part of a dynamic team helping to manage multiple educational programs in ORAU’s Belcamp, Maryland, office. This full-time temporary position will oversee educationally-based programs (internships, fellowships, research experience) with the intent of the overall mission and the core values of the institution, including placing a primary emphasis on the student learner.
Main position objectives:
- Interact with applicants and participants
- Perform planning and support activities for meetings, conferences, and seminars
- Provide assistance to program coordinators and program managers, including procurement, requisitioning, and negotiation activities
- High school diploma and 2-4 years of job related experience. (An equivalent combination of education and experience performing duties as described may be substituted for the minimum requirements.)
- Excellent verbal and written communication, organizational, grammatical, and proofreading skills.
- Must be able to deal effectively and tactfully with a variety of people at various academic levels, professional and cultural backgrounds.
- Must be proficient in the use of MS Office Applications including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of Web publishing, Share Point and database applications is desirable.
- Must be self-directed and capable of processing and prioritizing multiple tasks, and handling a large and varied workload with minimum supervision.
- Must demonstrate problem solving skills.
If you are passionate about education and helping students, please see the link below:
ORAU Program Specialist – APPLY NOW!
For more information, please contact Brian Rose at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application Deadline: November, 20th @ 11:59PM
Date: Tuesday, April 12 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
The Hire Big 10 Plus Virtual Career Fair Recruiters are looking for job seekers from Big 10+ universities across all majors and degrees. Students and alumni will have the opportunity to connect with employers live, online in a virtual career event in the comfort of their own home. This unique career fair is an easy and efficient way for students to find full-time careers, internships, and co-ops.
More information can be found on their flyer, and those interested can register at their website.