Application Deadline: March 1st, 2018
This is a reminder that this deadline is swiftly approaching! Students will enhance their academic resume, work closely with faculty and peers, and have fun with social and professional development activities, all while receiving numerous benefits.
Go here for the original posting.
Want to jump start your search for the right research program? Check out this listing of programs that have recently reached out to CBC students.
The AbbVie Process R&D separations lab is seeking bachelors/masters level candidates for an open contractor position.
- The candidate will be responsible for development and execution of preparative chromatographic separations and purification of starting materials, intermediates and final APIs to support chemical process development and new drug discovery.
- We seek a candidate with an extensive background in preparative chromatography and sufficient skills and experience in instrumental analysis (HPLC, HPLC-MS, and SFC).
- Work with lead scientist to perform preparative chromatographic separation and purification of starting materials, intermediates and final APIs to support process development and new drug discovery.
- Manage separation and purification activities of preparative supercritical fluid chromatography to ensure timely deliveries of desired compounds to development and discovery groups.
- Effectively identify and communicate new ideas and strategies for method development and optimization in a timely manner to team members in order to improve process efficiencies.
- Handle routine maintenance of preparative chromatographic instrumentation.
- Manage laboratory supplies and waste disposal to ensure uninterrupted lab operation.
- BS in chemistry (organic or analytical) field and 3+ years of industry experience in biopharmaceutical product development.
- MS in organic or analytical chemistry field and 0~1+ years of industry experience in biopharmaceutical product development.
NASA Internship-Merritt Island, FL
For highly motivated, multidisciplinary students: the Chemical and Biological Sciences Research Group at Kennedy Space Center is seeking an intern!
Student will lend support to any number of microbiological, molecular, analytical chemistry and horticultural experimentation occurring at the time.
This work can include (but not limited to): maintenance and harvesting of experimental food crops, PCR/Gel electrophoresis, heterotrophic plate counts, spread/streak plating, sample preparation, chemically analyzing various phytochemical and water constituents via HPLC, IC, ICP and TOC.
It is recommended to have knowledge about autoclaves, pipettes, basic wet chemistry techniques, and analytical balances in advance.
Requirements: Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Expected outcome includes a paper outlining one focus experiment.
All complete applications must be submitted by January 21, 2018.
The U.S. Air Force Research Laboratory’s (AFRL) is currently accepting applications for its 2018 AFRL Repperger Research Internship Program. This civilian research opportunity is a 10-week summer program intended for MS/PhD candidates pursuing degrees in STEM. Each year the laboratory will appointment a couple exceptional undergraduate students into the program. There are 36 posted opportunities, once the application January 21, 2018 deadline passes, each application will be reviewed and AFRL will fund 15 participants for the summer period.
- Master or PhD student (some outstanding bachelor students will be considered as well)
- Minimal 3.2 GPA in a STEM discipline
- U.S. citizen.
Selected participants will receive a $12,000 stipend for their participation in the internship which runs from June 4- August 10, 2018. Applications go through the Oak Ridge Associated Universities, which administers Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) research participation programs for students and recent graduates of all degree levels through the Department of Energy’s (DOE) Oak Ridge Institute for Science and Education (ORISE).
Want to jump start your search for the right research program? Check out this listing of programs that have recently reached out to CBC students
New molecules were created by chemists this year. Chemical and Engineering news wrote an article describing some of the coolest Molecules of the year. Included molecules are one with a pentagonal structure, the ‘sunflower’ (pictured above) and many more.
Check it out on a study break!
Have you considered a research career in graduate school?
Deadline: January 1st 2018
In this program, you will get a Research Thesis Advisor and a Clinical Mentor who will help design an independent study or “Clinical Experience,” in addition to core coursework. All course work is completed in the Lerner Research Institute on the main campus of the Cleveland Clinic. You get to choose rotation and thesis mentors from a faculty in research departments at both the Cleveland Clinic and Case Western Reserve University campuses.
Full Tuition + Stipend
The deadline for the PhD program in Molecular Medicine, offered through a partnership between the Cleveland Clinic and Case Western Reserve University, is January 1st, 2018 for Fall 2018 enrollment. Details and the online application can be found on our website, www.lerner.ccf.org/mmed/.