Dr. Lei Cao, Associate Professor in the Department of Molecular Virology, Immunology & Medical Genetics at Ohio State, is seeking an undergraduate researcher to volunteer (academic credit possible) a minimum of 12 hours per week on a project titled “The effects of environmental enrichment on brain/body health.” Interested students will be expected to demonstrate reliability, consistency, and productivity through an initial set of laboratory tasks to be completed during a probationary period to gauge the student’s aptitude. Once the student has adequately completed these tasks, he/she will be allowed and encouraged to work on a small but independent research project related to one of the larger themes of the lab, during which time he/she will learn a variety of lab techniques while producing data in a timely manner.
- Authorship on publications
- Poster or oral presentations at regional and national conferences
- Strong letter of recommendation contingent upon performance during the research
Requirements and Desired Skills:
- Commitment of at least 1 – 2 years for this research
- GPA higher than 3.4
- Some background in biology/neuroscience
- Some knowledge of statistics preferred
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) preferred
Interested students should email Dr. Cao at Lei.Cao@osumc.edu; attach a resume/CV and describe your interest in this lab.