Oakwood Labs has a Chemical/Biomedical Engineer position open for recent or soon-to be chemistry graduates. It is an entry-level opportunity for those interested in working at a technology-based pharmaceutical company.
The roles of this position include…
- Perform pre-formulation laboratory experiments and studies
- Perform process scale-up from laboratory to pilot laboratory
- Perform process scale-up from pilot laboratory to manufacturing facility
- Work on technology transfer activities
The application deadline is December 31, 2022. More information and how to apply can be found here.
Baldwin Wallace University in Berea, Ohio has an intensive on-campus program that prepares students who have a bachelor’s degree in biology or chemistry (or related science degree) to become highly-effective science teachers for grades 7-12. This program provides students with an initial teaching license and Masters of Arts in Education degree.
The features of this program include…
- Inquiry-based learning, research-based teaching, and technology integration
- 12-month, full-time program starts in May, with MAEd and license completion at the end of the following spring semester, so students are eligible to teach in the fall
- Cohort model where students form close professional relationships
- Individualized mentoring by supervising faculty
- Extensive field and clinical work in classrooms
- Comprehensive program price includes tuition, books, and fees for professional association memberships and background check
More information can be found here and application information can be found here.
There is Summer Undergraduate Research Program that will be offered this summer in the Department of Biochemistry & Molecular Biophysics at Washington University in St. Louis.
No prior research experience is required. Even if you aren’t really sure what “doing research” means, this program might be for you! One of the goals of the program is to help students engage in academic research in a supportive environment to see if scientific research might be of interest to them after college.
This research program…
- is 8 weeks (June 6th – July 29th, 2022)
- provides workshops for students to attend that focus on several important aspects of science
- has a range of research areas
- includes travel to Saint Louis, housing, local travel, a meal plan, and an additional monthly stipend of $2000
Applications are due April 15th. No prior research experience is required. Follow directions on this flyer to submit an application. The flyer also provides additional information on the program.
There is an opening for a research technician in the Gale Group at the Martinos Center for Biomedical Imaging at Massachusetts General Hospital/ Harvard Medical School starting June 2022. They are seeking a recent college graduate with a bachelor’s degree in chemistry. This position is ideal for an ambitious chemist with plans to attend graduate or medical school within 2-3 years.
The technician will be primarily responsible for physicochemical characterization of new transition metal complexes. There are also opportunities to engage in chemical synthesis, bioanalytical chemistry, molecular biology, and/or MR imaging studies.
Qualified applicants should send a CV and contact information for two references to Eric Gale at email@example.com. Further information can be found on this flyer.
Indiana State University is seeking to hire a Chemistry Stockroom Manager with a desired start date this summer. The stockroom manager will be responsible for the chemistry stockroom and for preparations for undergraduate chemistry laboratory courses.
These responsibilities include but are not limited to…
- Responsibility for safe handling, safety/hazard labeling, and storage of chemicals, reagents, solvents, and compressed gases, for disposal of all chemical waste, and for maintaining library of Safety Data Sheets
- Initiate and carry out paperwork (electronic and hard copy) relating to purchases, and organize and maintain documentation of purchases
- Maintain inventory of chemicals, reagents, glassware, and other lab supplies
- Carry out the purchasing of chemicals, reagents, cryogens, gases, equipment, and other lab supplies
Applications should be submitted here and more information about the application as well as the position is available here. Applications will begin being reviewed on April 1 and will continue to be reviewed until the position is filled.
The Beckman Research Scholar Program at the Ohio State University allows students to work with faculty from areas including Chemistry and Biochemistry, Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, Physics and Advanced Computing Center for Art and Design.
The program is designed with the aim to better students’ understanding of biomolecular processes and designing emergent biomaterials.
The program includes…
- Student Stipend of $18, 200
- Supply and Travel Funds of $4, 800
The deadline to apply is April 1, 2022 and the application can be found here.
Additional information can be found on this flyer.
Medpace is looking to hire current life sciences students or recent graduates. This position would be working in clinical research at a Contract Research Organization (CRO). They are holding an Interview Day for several entry level openings for their Regulatory Submissions Coordinator role.
Regulatory Submissions handles regulatory needs that occur from the time Medpace is awarded a study to the critical milestone of getting the first patient screened. Their Regulatory Submissions team serves as the lead to initiate start-up activities for the research sites with which Medpace works.
This Interview Day will be held in Cincinnati, Ohio on Wednesday, March 23. The link to apply as well as more information is found on this flyer.
The Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) will be on campus March 22 to recruit and to connect with students. They will be hosting several events with some being discipline focused while others will be more broad and open to all.
The events are being hosted with the goal of having students more about the Agency, the diverse array of career paths available, the hiring and clearance process, and insights into how to craft an eye-catching application.
Use the following links to complete the necessary registration for the events and direct any questions to this email: Cheney.firstname.lastname@example.org.
OPEN TO ALL STUDENTS (GRAD AND UNDERGRAD)
10:30-11:30am Career Paths with CIA – From Analysts to Auditors and So Much More
4:30-5:30pm Career Paths with CIA – From Analysts to Auditors and So Much More
TARGETING STUDENTS WITH EAST ASIAN LANGUAGE SKILLS OR AREA EXPERTISE (GRAD AND UNDERGRAD)
2:45-4:00pm CIA Careers Leveraging Your East Asian Languages or Studies Degree
TARGETING STUDENTS FOR AUDITING CAREERS (GRAD AND UNDERGRAD)
11:30-12:30pm Auditing Careers with CIA
4:30-5:30pm Auditing Careers with CIA
The Engineering in Healthcare: Industry and Research Symposium is an annual conference hosted by the Biomedical Engineering Society that combines academic research and industry development to allow for a unique networking experience between students and companies.
This is a virtual event that will be held from February 18-19, 2022.
In attendance will be…
- Over 10 leading biomedical industry partners
- Graduate and undergraduate students from over 20 different universities
Find more information and register here by February 10, 2022. Any questions can be sent to this email: email@example.com.
GFS Chemicals has applications open for new graduates. There are several different openings for applicants.
These openings include…
- In the QC lab at the Fine and Specialty Organics division
- In the QC lab at the Fine Inorganics division
Students or recent graduates can apply and look for more information here. You can reach out to Austin Hutchinson of the Organic Specialty Chemicals Manufacturing Division at this email with any further questions: AHutchinson@GFSChemicals.com.