The Department of Diagnostic Medicine/Pathobiology in the College of Veterinary Medicine and the Biosecurity Research Institute (BRI) at Kansas State University are accepting applications for fellowship positions for the summer of 2024.
This program, sponsored by the U.S. Department of Agriculture Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service (USDA APHIS), is designed to build technical skills and knowledge needed to work in a high containment diagnostic, animal, or insectary laboratory.
This program will provide introductory knowledge and skills through lectures and hands-on experiences in:
- Conducting viral assays in a high containment laboratory at the Biosecurity Research Institute (BRI)
- Conducting assays and procedures commonly used in a diagnostic laboratory
- Common procedures used in a high containment large animal research setting
- Working with mosquitoes for use in a laboratory setting
- How to apply for positions with USDA APHIS or other government laboratories, such as, the Foreign Animal Disease Diagnostic Laboratory (FADDL), the NBAF in Manhattan, KS, or the National Veterinary Services Laboratories (NVSL) in Ames, IA
Candidates must be undergraduates entering junior or senior year of study OR have recently graduated with a B.S. degree.
Apply by November 5, 2023, 11:59pm CT.