Work in the General Chemistry Prep Lab for Autumn 2022!
Application deadline: May 1, 2022
The Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry is currently accepting applications for Lab Assistants in the General Chemistry Prep Lab for Autumn 2022! Lab Assistant positions provide students with the opportunity to work in an active laboratory space, network with peers with similar goals, and learn valuable customer service skills applicable to many careers. Students employed for several semesters may have the opportunity to take on a leadership role.
In order to apply, you must meet the following criteria:
- Completed all General Chemistry (1000 level) courses required for your major
- Cumulative GPA > 3.2
- Enrolled in classes during Autumn 2022
- No other paid monthly student appointment during Autumn 2022 (this includes paid research)
Appointment details are as follows:
- Salary: $10/hour
- Hours: 8-12/week
- Responsibilities: preparation and distribution of reagents, distribution, and maintenance of lab equipment, etc.
- Mandatory paid training will begin on August 15th. Please be sure you describe any potential conflicts with training in your application.
When submitting your application, you will be asked for a schedule. This does not guarantee position. A more accurate schedule will be collected upon hiring.
Applications should be submitted by 11:59 pm on May 1st, 2022.
Please contact Tyler Weaver at email@example.com with any questions or concerns.