Moderna is seeking an undergraduate Junior or Senior to join its Co-op Program. The candidate will work in the Protein Science group and assist with the investigation and implementation of broad technologies to identify suitable protein detection reagents for use in in vitro potency assays for Moderna’s drug products. Specifically, the candidate will assist with generating and screening antibody fragment libraries to select and validate high affinity ligands against various targets of interest.
Moderna’s Co-Op program is a full-time opportunity beginning January 2022 through June 2022. Interested candidates should be available for full-time work during this timeframe.
What you’ll do:
- Generate antibody fragment libraries for in vitro phage display
- Utilize various display methods for antigen presentation
- Isolate B-cells following in vivo immunization for screening against diverse targets
- Perform biopanning, affinity screening, and selection of high affinity ligands using flow cytometry
- Use plate-based methods to express, purify, and characterize recombinant proteins for binding and favorable biophysical properties (expression, solubility, stability, etc.)
- Perform quantitative analysis of data and assist in the preparation of reports for the Protein Science group and other stakeholders