Ohio State University College of Medicine ASPIRE Medical Research, is now accepting applications for its 5th cohort of ASPIRE Scholars.
The mission of the ASPIRE Medical Research Program is to support current Ohio State undergraduate students who have been historically underrepresented and historically excluded from the health sciences, with mentorship, research experience in world-class laboratories, personal and academic support, in order to prepare them for advanced education and careers as health-care providers.
The year-long, longitudinal program is open to rising sophomores (current freshmen), sophomores, and juniors.
They are specifically seeking applications from:
- Students from groups historically excluded in medicine and biomedical sciences: African-American or Black, Hispanic or Latino, American Indian or Alaska Native, Native Hawaiian or other Pacific Islander
- Students with disabilities, defined as those with a physical or mental impairment that substantially limits one or more major life activities
- Students from economically and/or educationally disadvantaged backgrounds
- First generation college students
- Queer, LGBTQIA, Transgender/Gender Non-Conforming
- Others whose backgrounds and experiences would bring diversity to the field
Interested? Visit the program website to learn more and apply. Applications will be accepted until January 15, 2022.