PPG Specialty Synthesis Group is seeking an entry-level Research Chemist for their process development team located in Monroeville, PA. The research chemist’s principal responsibility is developing a robust synthesis and purification method for novel OLED emitters.
- Develop scalable synthetic processes for OLED emitters that are reproducible and cost effective through a thorough scientific approach.
- Evaluate the synthesis for new emitters as they are identified. Provide samples using a commercially feasible synthetic strategy.
- Advance technology used in the laboratory to improve process development understanding and reduce cycle times (EasyMax/Optimax, EasyViewer).
- Analyze and interpret analytical results and make process changes as necessary.
- Provide support for scale up of new products by technicians in both a kilo lab and plant setting.
- Help support existing commercial as well as pre-commercial and developmental products.
- Support the use of quality tools (critical thinking, DOE, statistical analysis etc.) as applicable in the development of new processes.
- Hands-on laboratory experiments using common chemistry equipment and instruments (HPLC, UPLC, GC).
- Effectively communicates within the work team and provides clear and concise documentation of technical results.
- Works in a safe manner. Reads, understands and follows all pertinent SOPs.
- B.S. in Chemistry.
- Entry level, no industry experience required.