Hampton University Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry is seeking a Lab Manager.
The position brings together managerial skills and knowledge of safety and lab procedures to ensure that laboratories operate smoothly. Responsibilities include:
- Support and facilitate daily lab activities.
- Managerial duties generally include preparation of labs and maintaining security of chemicals and equipment.
- Collaborate with faculty members in designing and implementing lab activities.
- Review building needs and act a liaison to University Building Services for upkeep and maintenance.
- Serve as a representative to the Virginia Tidewater Consortium for Higher Education Environmental Health and Safety Program Managers Committee
- Ensuring laboratory safety in teaching and research laboratories.
A bachelor’s degree in Chemistry or a laboratory-related area required. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills are required. Applicants should also have the ability to work independently and in a team environment, ability to operate standard laboratory and office equipment, and excellent written and verbal communications skills.
Check out the job posting for more information. To apply, submit a cover letter, resume, and a completed Application for Educational Support Staff Employment via email at HROffice@hamptonu.edu.