Apply to be a General Chemistry TA for Autumn 2020!
The Department of Chemistry & Biochemistry hires over 50 outstanding undergraduates per semester to teach our General Chemistry courses.
Here are some details on our positions:
- Completed General Chemistry Sequence (1210/1220; 1610/1620; or 1910H/1920H) with an A or A- (preferred)
- Accumulative GPA > 3.5
- Taking classes during Autumn 2020
- No other paid monthly student appointment during Autumn 2020 [this includes paid research]
Student Appointment Details:
- Salary: $12/hour
- Hours: 10-12 per week
- Responsibilities: Teach one 3-hour lab; Promptly grade assignments and prepare for teaching responsibilities; 1 weekly office hour; proctor all exams; attend weekly staff meeting
New TA training will take place Monday, August 17th – Monday, August 24th during business hours. Conflicts with training, including TAs who must live on campus, should be stated on your application and described in detail if possible.
- Direct Link: https://go.osu.edu/au20gcta
- After the submission of your application, the department will reach out to ask you to submit a schedule. Submitting a schedule does not guarantee a position. If your schedule changes before the deadline (May 10th), please update your information.
- All schedules submitted by this date will be accommodated. If you make a change to your schedule after this date, you will be responsible for switching your assignment with another TA if you have a conflict with your time or you will have to forfeit your position.
Staff Appointments Available! If you are graduating and looking for an opportunity to teach for a semester (or even academic year!), we also have those available! Please email us for details.
Feel free to contact us via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any questions. All applications, including schedules, are due May 10th, 2020, and hiring decisions will be made by mid-July if the university is open.