The University of Delaware’s Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry is receiving applications for their Research for Undergraduates (REU) program: the Science and Engineering Leadership Initiative (SELI). The program runs from June 8, 2020 to August 14, 2020 at the University of Delaware, and applications will be accepted until February 1, 2020.
The SELI is motivated by the realization that people with disabilities are significantly underrepresented in STEM disciplines and aims to provide these students with research and community building experiences tailored to fostering success in graduate school and beyond. The REU program is open to all undergraduate students with disabilities (mobility, sensory, learning, psychological, medical, or other) who are majors in chemistry, biochemistry, or other related fields. Some highlights of the program include:
- Participate in state-of-the-art research
- Meet like-minded peers
- Scientific field trips
- Unique mentoring for graduate school/STEM careers
- Networking opportunities
- Stipend and housing provided for the 9-week program
- Present your work at the University of Delaware 2o2o Undergraduate Research and Service Learning Symposium
- Opportunity to present research results at the Spring 2020 American Chemical Society National Meeting
Want to jump start your search for the right research program? Check out this listing of programs that have recently reached out to CBC students.