The eleventh annual Conference for Undergraduate Women in Physical Sciences (WoPhyS ’19) is coming up soon. All undergraduate students with research interests in all areas of the physical sciences, with focus on physics, chemistry, materials science, nanoscience, optics, photonics, astronomy, and applied physics and engineering are welcome to attend!
WoPhyS ’19 will be held Thursday, November 7 – Saturday, November 9, 2019 on the campus of the University of Nebraska-Lincoln.
Some opportunities students will have at the conference:
- Present research accomplishments
- Attend keynote talks by scientists from academia, industry, and government labs
- Participate in graduate school preparation workshops
- Network with science students and faculty from across the country
- Tour facilities and labs of the University of Nebraska-Lincoln
Want to be further involved in the conference? The WoPhyS ’19 steering committee is seeking nominations of outstanding undergraduate researchers to present their research projects and results during invited student talks. Please submit nominations for invited student speakers by contacting Jocelyn Bosley at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To register for and learn more information about the WoPhyS ’19 conference, you can visit their website. There are no registration fees and all local costs are covered. Travel scholarships are also available for undergraduate students planning to present a talk or poster at the conference.