Application Deadline: November 30, 2017
One Heart Source is currently accepting applications for their 2018 Experiential Learning Programs for students interested in health care. They are offering two- and four-week Health Innovation programs in South Africa.
As an OHS Volunteer you will:
- Gain international experience on the ground in global health initiatives.
- Mentor students who strive to become healthcare professionals and cultivate lifelong relationships.
- Immerse yourself in diversity through service and excursions.
- Collaborate with groups of university students from around the world.
- Develop leadership and entrepreneurial skills through the pursuit of social justice.
- Broaden health care skills in real-world environments.
Sub-Saharan Africa has 1.3% of the world’s healthcare professionals, yet 25% of the world’s disease burden. One Heart Source aims to build a bridge between health services and those who need healing.
Studying abroad is a valuable and exciting part of an undergraduate experience. When pursuing any study abroad opportunity, be sure to check in with an advisor to address any academic or financial implications of a semester abroad. Bon voyage!