The office of the Chemistry & Biochemistry Department Chair is hiring 3 student assistants to start in Autumn 2017. Students of all ranks and majors are welcome to apply for this position. Chemistry and related majors are encouraged to apply, as 1-2 of the positions will need to be filled by a student with a chemistry-related background.
Job Description: The student administrative assistant will primarily provide office support in the Chair’s Office in the Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry. Departmental buildings include Evans, Newman and Wolfrom, Celeste, McPherson, CBEC (North Campus), and Biological Sciences (South Campus). The position and duties will primarily be carried out on North Campus. The pay rate is $10/hour.
- Greet and assist office visitors, students, staff, and faculty
- Data/Analytical projects
- General office tasks
- Other duties as assigned
- Excellent communication, organizational, and analytical skills
- Prior customer service experience
- Detail oriented
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Reports to the Executive Assistant to the Chair
- Approximately 15 hours per week during AU17 and SP18
- Schedule will be built around class schedule
Contact: To apply, email your resume, a brief description (1 page max) of why you are interested in the position, and a copy of your Autumn 2017 schedule to Jackie Lipphardt at firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, April 10.