Interested in assessing and marketing Ohio State Inventions? The Technology Commercialization Office (TCO) is seeking undergraduate (third or fourth year) and graduate students to work as Licensing Interns.
Primary duties will include evaluating invention disclosures in the areas of life science, physical science, engineering, wireless, and software technologies for marketability and commercial potential. Licensing Interns conduct market research and assessment, identify and analyze competitive landscapes, and generate marketing documents to describe the invention and its value proposition. Additionally, Licensing Interns help identify potential licensees for The Ohio State University’s technologies and complete other projects to help advance Ohio State’s commercialization efforts.
Desired skills include:
- in pursuit of a degree in a field of science or engineering, and a strong academic record
- ability to work with minimal direction
- experience reading and understanding technical documentation and scientific literature
- strong written and verbal communication skills
- an interest in providing excellent service to the Ohio State community
TCO is seeking a commitment of 10-15 hours or 5-9 hours (based on undergraduate or graduate) per week during the year. Compensation is $9-15 per hour based on experience.
For more information, contact Shruti at email@example.com.