Chemical Abstracts Service (CAS) is a division of the American Chemical Society, located near the Ohio State Campus. Opportunities for student employment or internships are often availalbe, including the job description below. You can apply online or contact Human Resources (email@example.com) directly.
INTERNSHIP-Student Analyst Tracking Code 206119-094
Job Description — We have internships available providing database-building support for chemical literature indexing. This position requires using a computer to enter scientific data. Comprehensive training is provided and hours are flexible. Applicants must possess the following:
- A degree in or working toward a degree in Biochemistry, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or related science.
- Must have successfully completed at least one class of organic chemistry coursework
- Be familiar with scientific terminology
- Must be able to work part time for at least 12-18 months or have at least a Sophomore standing in Biochemistry, Chemistry or a Chemical Engineering-related degree program with 12-18 months remaining until graduation
- Must have good organizational, reading comprehension, problem-solving, self-management, and communication skills.
Candidates for positions with Chemical Abstracts must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future. EEO/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran