The title is video link (where available). PDF file is below the description.
- Cathode Ray Tube and Pinwheel – Demonstrate the deflection of an electron beam with a magnet (CRT), and the particle nature of electrons by using a beam of electrons to spin a pinwheel.
- Conservation of Mass – Co(NO3)2 and Na2CO3 – Demonstrate the law of conservation of mass with the colorful reaction of Co(NO3)2 (aq) and Na2CO3 (aq), using the document camera to project the digital readout of a balance on the screen before and after the reaction.
- Gas Discharge Tubes of the Noble Gases– show that different gases give different colors when subjected to an electric discharge (H2 tube also available)
- Halogens – Display flasks containing the halogens chlorine, bromine, and iodine
- Periodic Properties – Add pieces of Li, Na, K, Mg, and Ca, to beakers of water to observe the reactivity of metals from different parts of the periodic table. If desired, you can add HCl to those beakers where no reaction occurred.