All About Me

Hello, my name is Sydney Cassel and I am currently a Freshman at The Ohio State University, majoring in Molecular Genetics and minoring in Spanish on the Pre-Med track. I am from Medina, Ohio where I attended Medina High School. I was involved in many clubs such as National Honor Society, Recycling Club, Business Club, Spanish Club, HUDDLE, Peer Tutoring, and Student Council where I served my Senior year as President. I was a volunteer for Harbor Light Hospice each week and enjoyed many local environmental projects. Outside of Medina, I spend many weekends and summer weeks volunteering with the Ohio Association of Student Leaders in partnership with the iBELIEVE Foundation where I also served a term on the Senior High Executive Board.

I am currently a part of the Mount Leadership Society Scholars program and am a member of the Service Committee. I have intentions of joining a women’s fitness club and other volunteering organizations. In the long term, I have goals of attending Medical School and eventually becoming a Dermatologist. I am very excited for all of the opportunities offered here at Ohio State.