2nd Year Project: Chefck-in

My project is mentor council, and I haven’t really started working on it because Hayley or I haven’t been able to organize any events because we have been super busy with classes and STEP and life. To actually begin the project, I need to sit down with Hayley to find a time that we are free and see if any of our saplings are and plan an event. I know one event we really want to do is a pasta night because Hayley has a pasta-maker and learned how to use it over fall break. We’re not sure though if they really need us; some of them are giving the vibe that they are fine, don’t need help learning how to balance, while others we’re not entirely sure about. I think at this point I should be at the point where I can talk easily with them, go hang out on their floor and just talk, hang out, be a friend and if they need offer advice when they ask. As of right now, I am not meeting my expectations because I am not able to just talk to them, I still feel a little self-conscious around them. However, that would probably change once I start spending more time with them, I just need to find time in my schedule to do so. I don’t believe I need to change my plan for my project, I just need to take a step back and find time to plan an event and then after that transition to just going down to their floor and hanging out and talking. I did that last month when some of my saplings had a blanket fort in their common room so I went down to see it and then hung out there for a little bit talking and watching Grey’s Anatomy. If I follow that, I think I will be back on track for my project.