I have a proposal I’d like to submit, but confused about the process.
- Review the current RFP Research Topics
- Does your topic fit into one of the areas of interest?
- Contact one of the IAB members for support of your project, this can be done via email or a phone call
- The IAB member may suggest some revisions, if supported, the IAB member will contact the Program Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org) for coordination of review.
IAB reviews proposals prior to inviting PI’s to present
- In the best interest of time and expense, the IAB decided to streamline the presentation of proposals. A review of proposals takes place prior to the meeting to ensure the proposals heard at the meeting are of relevant interest to the members. PI’s are notified at least 3 weeks prior to the meeting is their proposal has been accepted for presentation at the meeting.
I’ve been funded – now what happens?
- PI’s are required to give a 6 month progress report and a one year final report, preferably in person at the meetings. Travel to the meetings should have been factored into the budget. Meetings rotate between NCSU, OSU and UC Davis.
- Seed projects are funded for 6 months with the expectation a final report on the seed project will be presented at the spring meeting, along with a full proposal if selected.
Publications and Presentations as a result of a CAPPS funded project
- Publication of research in scientific journals is encouraged. A copy of materials intended for disclosure by Center sites shall be submitted to the IAB, through the Program Manager, not less than thirt (30) days prior to the Center site release for publication or other dissemination, for the purpose of IAB member review for patentable subject matter and proprietary information.
- CAPPS funded projects should include a reference – ‘Project funded by Center for Advanced Processing and Packaging Studies – CAPPS, a NSF IUCRC Founded Center in ?? Year.’