Artifacts

picture of a check

This picture of a check represents my growth this past semester as Vice President of Finance for Delta Gamma. The duties of this job have transformed my communication, time management, and problem solving skills. I unfortunately came into the position as our national council put us on Report to Finance which essentially means our chapter was in financial trouble. It turned in to my job to turn that around and that has provided me with the opportunity to communicate with Nationals and my advisors along with problem solving opportunities.

Sports

Sports are one of the key things in the real world that I learn through. As a Sport Industry major it is key to keep up with major sports news and the variety of contracts and differences throughout the different leagues. It is something that I love and want to throw myself into in order to be completely and totally successful in my career. Although the career is not easy to get into, I am determined to be successful and thats why I think that I will be great.

dg

Being a member of Delta Gamma has allowed me to become a better person and break out of my shell. My mother was also a member of Delta Gamma, so it has been a part of me since I was born. It has been great to be a part of something that my mother and I have both experienced and bond over that with her. Additionally, Delta Gamma has developed me as a person and leader. I have had opportunities to volunteer, lead and make amazing friends that I would not have been able to without Delta Gamma.

field hockey

Field hockey has been major part of my life since I was 10 years old. Through this sport, I have gained confidence to break out of my shell and allow me to become a leader as well. I was a captain on both my high school teams and my club team and allowed me to really hone the skills of a leader which has lead me to gain the club team at Ohio State and eventually get elected to the executive board.

maryland

Being from Maryland has started to become an identifying factor as I now live in Ohio. Additionally, being from Maryland and moving here for college has helped me grow. I had previously been a very big homebody and did not entirely like to be away from home for a prolonged period of time. Choosing Ohio State over the University of Maryland, which was 10 minutes from my home, was one of the hardest decisions of my life but it has helped me gain the self-assurance that you should to grow into the person you want to be in college.

This is a picture of my nephew, Henry Callahan. He is four months old and the first baby born to my immediate family. I never knew it was possible to love someone so immediately like I did with him and he has made me want to be a better person in everything I do. Knowing that I will eventually have someone that looks up to me as a role model makes me realize just how much my actions can impact someone and that every single thing I do is meaningful.