My name is Sierra Cady and I am from a small town in the south suburbs of Chicago, Illinois. Here at Ohio State, I am a first year student majoring in neuroscience. My curiosity with the capacities of the human brain propelled me into majoring in neuroscience for my undergraduate years. However, during high school, the foreign language classes I took as well as my travel experiences during a trip to Spain made me fall in love with the Spanish language. For this reason, I am pursuing my passion by minoring in Spanish. I hope to get the chance to study abroad and dive deeper into the language during my college years.

Outside of the academic realm, I have always identified as a musician. I have sung in various acappella and choral groups, and I have been playing the saxophone for nine years. My favorite activity is marching band, where I grew tremendously as a musician, worker, and person. My high school experience culminated to being granted a leadership position for my school’s marching band my final season. Because music has always been a key part of my life, I joined an acappella group as soon as the school year begun: Scarlet Fever.

One of the things that really interested me about Ohio State was the immense opportunity for research, and I hope I get a chance to partake in research here. I am interested in a variety of research in areas such as autoimmune disorders, pharmacology, and regarding children. I am interested in autoimmune disorders, as I have witnessed the chronic affliction they can cause. I have always adored children, and volunteer with them often through my church at home and on campus, and learning more about how their minds work would be fulfilling for me. Finally, after my undergraduate education, I would like to continue studying and get a degree in pharmacy. Therefore, research in pharmaceuticals is pertinent, not only in neuroscience, but to many areas of my interest.