Leadership Development

Outside of the classroom, I am a part of two different clubs, both of which deal with world events and what should be done about them. The first is called CCWA: the Collegiate Council of World Affairs. This club runs a nationally-recognized model United Nations program that meets with other schools from around the country as well as around the state of Ohio. In addition to travelling to this meets, CCWA will host multiple small in-school meets to sharpen all the members’ debate skills. I have actively participated in these meets, sometimes forming coalitions of members into passing legislation that would impact the diplomatic scenario that would be presented to us for the duration of the meet.

The second club is called the Alexander Hamilton Society, which world events from a more militaristic view as opposed to CCWA’s diplomatic view. The events surrounding that club include club debates on foreign policy, which I actively participate in, and large debates, with highly respected experts coming in to professionally debate foreign policy issues in front of a crowd of dozens, or even hundreds, of people. It is through this club that I am able to network with higher members of the club and get me into contact with some of the experts.