Academic Enrichment

I believe the two majors I have selected for my undergraduate studies, a Bachelor of Arts in Geography and a Bachelor of Science in Political Science, leave me particularly qualified to follow my career path. I chose these majors because these areas of study interested me the most since middle school. After I graduate, I yearn to pursue a career in the federal government, preferably in the defense or intelligence communities. After discussing my choices with a Washington insider, Mr. Kevin Freeman, he confided in me that I could turn Washington D.C. into a “playground” of sorts in terms of finding a division of the federal government that would seek my skill set.

This combination of majors doubly effective when seeking employment after college in a career field. With my liberal arts experience, I have a rich foundation of background information in regards to the history, geography, politics, etc. on almost any region or nation on Earth. On top of that, I am gaining skills to use software programs such as ESRI, the largest GIS program at work today (in terms of market share), and R, a statistical analysis program that is used extensively by Google, Facebook, and Bank of America, to name a few. While I have yet to delve into the most intense course loads, I am happy to report that I currently maintain a 3.85 GPA and go to great lengths to hold on to such academic success for the next two years.