Morrill Tower

Tall, tan, 23 story building
A picture of Morrill Tower that I took.

In the archives it says that Morrill Tower is one of the two dorms on west campus. Morrill Tower, the identical tower of Lincoln Tower, was dedicated on November 11, 1965. The tower, named for U.S. representative and senator from Vermont Justin S. Morrill, was essential to the establishment of The Ohio State University. The Morrill Act, proposed by Morrill in 1857, required the sale of public land in order to create an endowment for state universities. After it was drafted in 1861, President Abraham Lincoln signed the bill into law on July 2, 1862. The Morrill Act required classical and scientific courses to be taught in addition to military, technical, and agricultural education, and it allowed some institutions and universities to charge lesser tuition.

On the first floor, there are storage rooms for workers and exits from the building that will have a Grubhub shelf outside for any orders delivered. The second floor contains the dining hall known as Traditions at Morrill. For Morrill Traditions you have order ahead with the Grubhub app. There is also a C-Store on the second floor which follows the same Grubhub style to order what you want. The third floor has the lobby which has a vending room where vending machines can be found, along with the kitchen area, and a pool table. There are also study rooms and a front desk located on this floor. The elevators can take you to floor 1,3, and 4-23. There are six elevators in total. When entering the building the three on the left side will take you to floors 1,3-4 and the three on the right will take you to floors 1,3, and 15-23. There are dorm rooms on floors 4-23.

Tan building in the dark lit up with red lights at night
This is a picture of Morrill Tower that I took when walking back from dinner one night.

Despite being a long walk from High Street and a few other things, Morrill is actually a very decent place to live. Sharing a bathroom with a total of ten people can be a lot but if you and your suitemates get a good cleaning schedule, it is perfectly tolerable. Each suite has their own common room and bathrooms. The bathrooms include three stalls, four sinks, and two showers. I really liked living at Morrill my first year on campus because it gave me a bunch of people to become friends with straight away. Me and my suitemates all get along. Me and my roommate are also really great friends. I have made some valuable friendships with other people on my floor too. Living at Morrill also helps people see more of the campus depending on where their classes are.