Autumn 2017- Semester in Review

This semester, my very first at college, was very important and humbling. I learned so much about myself in these first few months being on my own. This is the first time in my life that I haven’t lived within the confines of my own home and its safety. Also, this is the first time living without the guidance of my parents. Despite such a large change in my life, I feel I have adjusted very well to this life-changing experience. I am comfortable living here. I have done well managing all of my classes and grades without my parents having to tell me to do so. The Scholars program has helped immensely with forming a community and helping to build relationships. I have participated in a handful of scholars events where I have met students who share many of my interests. I have also had the amazing opportunity of serving with many of them. Fortunately, I was accepted into a Courageous Leadership Program through the FIJI fraternity. Upon completion, I was lucky enough to be one of three people in the program who received a scholarship. I have joined a couple of clubs that reflect my passions, such as PenPals where I get to work with and communicate with children. This semester has been a life changing time for me, but it is a time in which I believe I am doing well and have thoroughly enjoyed.