In the Field Friday: Stephanie Schuck

By: Nicole McMullen

Stephanie Schuck is from Ashland, Ohio. She graduated from Ohio State ATI in 2015 with an Associate of Science in Dairy Science. During her time at ATI, she interned with Wolf Family Dairy located in Creston, Ohio. Rick Wolf, former ATI professor and owner, has recently sold the cows and quit milking.

Case Farms Chicken hired Stephanie in March of 2016. By December of 2018, she was promoted to senior broiler flock supervisor. She has recently been awarded the “30 Under 30” award at the 2020 International Production & Processing Expo (IPPE). IPPE is a large event where people come from around the world to network and learn about the latest technological developments in the poultry, meat, and feed industry.

Stephanie advises students to stay positive during job hunting and to step out of your comfort zone. “I never thought I would be working with chickens,” says Stephanie. “However, my dairy degree actually helped prepare me for the mindset of dealing with my growers, and it gave me an understanding of the importance of routine when working with animals. I also relate to a lot of growers because many of them have gone from dairy farming to growing chickens.”

We would like to congratulate Stephanie on her award! To learn more about our two dairy degrees at Ohio State ATI visit, ati.osu.edu/dairy-cattle-production-management and ati.osu.edu/animal-sciences/dairy-specialization.