In the Field Friday: Garrett O’Donnell ’14

This week’s In the Field Friday is Garrett O’Donnell! Garrett graduated from Ohio State ATI in 2014 with his associate science degree in agricultural systems management. He then later went on to earn his bachelor’s degree in Columbus in 2015. Garrett currently works at Darling Ingredients in Winesburg, Ohio where he is the production manager. Darling Ingredients is the world’s largest producer of sustainable natural ingredients with over 200 facilities over 5 continents. At the Winesburg facility; they process and manufacture feed ingredients for the pet food industry. He oversees a staff of 35 employees and the production processes of the facility.

When asked about his time here at ATI Garrett responded, “I recommend Ohio State ATI to any “farm kid” like myself. I grew up on a small livestock operation. I was heavily active in 4-H and FFA growing up in Holmes county. My favorite parts about ATI were the small class sizes, the hands-on learning environment and facilities to apply knowledge and the first name basis that I had with my professors and the faculty”.

He later went on to give advice for any future students, “My advice would be to get involved in as much as possible. I worked for the university grounds crew, served as a resident advisor for the Applewood Village, was a member of the Hoof & Hide Club, participated in intramural softball and was voted the 2013 Homecoming King during my time at ATI. I thoroughly enjoyed my time spent at The Ohio State University and recommend ATI to anyone looking for a step in the right direction towards their career! Go Bucks!!”