I’m getting closer than I ever thought I might…

The lyrics from REO Speedwagon’s “Can’t Fight This Feeling” has inspired this post. 7 long years are coming to a close more and more every day.

I have spent this past weekend getting my Passion Planner in order to stay organized for these upcoming four months.

I managed to print off all of my documents, except for the PowerPoints, for my final ASL course. It’s going to be weird to have a few of our cohort members no longer with us for our final course, including my hippy-mermaid friend, Ms. Sarah Gray. We also have 1 or 2 new students joining us for ASL 1103. I am pretty nervous about the course because it is all conversation, and no new vocab. The dialogue part is my weakness, and I need to improve my skills in this area if I plan to be successful. I’d like to shoot for another B grade, but I think a C is more realistic due to my struggles in the retention of conversations in my head, and then translating that into a response that makes sense, but more importantly is an accurate response to the conversation. I did manage to get at least the first month of the semester tutor sessions scheduled. I am waiting on my tutor to get back with me if the remaining semester hours will work for her.

None of my other classes have posted on Carmen yet, and classes begin tomorrow. I don’t like being unprepared for the first day of classes. I can’t even view syllabi which doesn’t help me read in advance to stay ahead. Frustrating. I am going to crack the books open tonight so that at least I have an idea of what the texts read like.

I was supposed to have an appointment with Career Services on Friday, but it got rescheduled for this Tuesday. I still need to review my resume and cover letter and send it to Derek Thatcher so he can review it prior to our meeting. My goal today is to update my resume, cover letter, and my CV, and send it to him today.

Although I have only had 5 actual days of a 3 week break, I am eager to get back into my normal, hectic routine. However, I did drop quite a few obligations, so that should free me up more to focus more on classes, destress (if that’s even an option), to have time for myself, and time to make for friends and family.

Goals for today:
Update resume, cover letter, and CV
Sell Blair my living room furniture set
Grocery shop
Clean house
Pay bills
Browse class books