Global Awareness: Students cultivate and develop their appreciation for diversity and each individual’s unique differences.

This part of the G.O.A.L.S. is one of the most prominent in my journey at Ohio State. Because I am studying international business, I will not only be studying principles of the US business system, but also other countries. I am also taking Spanish in the hopes of becoming fluent so that I can communicate with people who do not speak English. By doing this, I hope to gain a greater understanding of the culture and eventually study abroad in a Spanish-speaking country.

Original Inquiry: Honors & Scholars students understand the research process by engaging in experiences ranging from in-class scholarly endeavors to creative inquiry projects to independent experiences with top researchers across campus and in the global community.

Academic Enrichment: Honors & Scholars students pursue academic excellence through rigorous curricular experiences beyond the university norm both in and out of the classroom.

Leadership Development: Honors & Scholars students develop leadership skills that can be demonstrated in the classroom, in the community, in their co-curricular activities, and in their future roles in society.

Service Engagement: Honors & Scholars students commit to service to the community.

During winter break 2017, I will be traveling with the Buck-I-Serve program to New Orleans. There, we will be working with the SPCA, Habit for Humanity, and Restore the Ecosystem. I am very excited to go on this trip and hope to attend more within the next break or my next few years at Ohio State.