About Me

My date and I before our senior homecoming dance. I am on the left.

Greetings! I’m Caroline Bruns, an incoming scholars student at The Ohio State University. I am from Cincinnati, OH and will be majoring in Information Systems at The Max M. Fisher College of Business.

Throughout my life, I have been very indecisive when it came to what I wanted to be when I “grew up”. As a child, I started out wanting to be a veterinarian, but eventually shot that idea down after realizing that vets do not just pet dogs and cats all day (disappointing I know). As I aged, I became more practical. Throughout junior high and the beginnings of high school, I seriously considered being a lawyer. It was not until sophomore year when I joined the journalism program that I realized I wanted to be involved with all things business. Throughout the class, we strategized on what to write about based upon which audience we were marketing too and how we could simply but efficiently get students reading and talking about actual issues. These discussions, which happened before and after school, as well as in the classroom, engaged me and stumped me in ways that other classes had not. I loved the challenges that my fellow staff and I were faced with, and how we collaborated to come up with the solution we thought would work best. We also had the opportunity month after month to actually witness the outcome as we handed out papers and watched the online engagement soar (or sometimes stay consistently average).

As an incoming business student, I hope to be stumped in some of the same ways I was in my high school journalism class. I also hope to be able to connect with fellow business students and professors so that I can learn from their experiences and expertise in subject areas that I am unfamiliar. Overall, I want to collaborate in order to expand my knowledge beyond just the basic principles of business and challenge myself to be the best I can be. With the help of The Ohio State University, I think I can do that.

If you read all of that thank you and of course, GO BUCKS!