Semester #2 Reflection

My second semester at Ohio State has been filled with ups and downs.  The biggest down was the death of my uncle in the middle of the semester.  It threw me into a pit of depression for about a week.  It was difficult focusing on classes and midterms, but I had to pull through for my grades.  However, probably a huge upside to my uncle’s death was finding what career I want to pursue.  Since my uncle died from pancreatic cancer, I want to pursue a career in cancer research to help change the world for the better.  I changed my major to Molecular Genetics and have been doing lots of research about future careers in cancer research.  My classes this semester have been harder, but I’ve still pulled through and managed to get pretty nice grades.  As my first year of college comes to a close, I like to recap and look at all of the friends I made, all of the clubs I joined, and how I’ve changed as a person.  I’m stronger in my faith and in my career choices, and I learned to appreciate the small things in life because you never know when they will disappear.