Hi! My name is Noel Boykin and I’m currently a freshman pursuing a degree in criminology. I’m from Reynoldsburg, Ohio, which is about 20 minutes southeast of Columbus.

This past year in high school I was involved in various activities. I completed my 12th year as a Girl Scout and and participated in community service, along with earning my Gold Award for my project on teen dating violence awareness. I was a Leo Club member, where we worked to raise money and awareness for pediatric cancer, and our funds raised would go towards Buckeyethon’s grand total. I danced competitively and was a member of my school’s varsity tennis team. I served as the president of the R.Y.H.T.C. (Reynoldsburg Youth Human Trafficking Coalition), where we hosted an annual conference in our community and worked with local and state legislators to promote education about human trafficking. I worked as treasurer of my school’s National Honor Society chapter, and I was a team lead for my school’s FIRST (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology) robotics team, Technical Difficulties 4085.

All of my involvements greatly contributed to the individual I am today, each helping to establish my leadership, collaboration, and communication skills. I’m excited to begin a new path as a Mount Leadership Society Scholar and a Morrill Scholar, and ready to continue building on my leadership experience and service efforts. I can’t wait to further explore future opportunities as a Buckeye!