Hello, my name is Anna Boulas. I am currently a freshman at The Ohio State University, and a member of the class of 2023. i am majoring in Philosophy, Pre-Law. I’m from Brecksville Ohio, a small suburb near Cleveland. No description of myself is ever truly complete unless I talk about what many would say is the largest factor of my personality: I am a Greek American. What this means is that my parents are both from Greece, but I myself was born in America. Because of this, growing up I was actively involved in Greek Dance, Greek School, and GOYA, the youth group at my Greek church., as well as volunteering at practically all the events at my church. Being a Greek American is not only something that provided me with a full schedule of extracurriculars, but something that motivates me to strive for success everyday. My parents both come from immigrant families, and the stories of their struggles is what inspires me to work hard to us the advantages they themselves worked hard to provide me with. These values that were instilled in me are a large part of what not only inspired me to come to OSU, but also to join PSL as a way to enrich my education. My other motivation for joining PSL would have to be my longtime love of all things law related. I’d have to say this passion goes back to when I was five years old and would eagerly ask my father, a lawyer, to tell me about his work each and every day. Looking back, I cannot even begin to imagine how annoying I must’ve been, asking questions after question until I was certain I understood everything he had said. Where most kids might’ve grown bored, I only grew more interested. My dad saw this as a phase, and when I would declare my intent to be a lawyer, he would smile and tell me that I didn’t have to do it just because he did, and that I could be whatever I wanted to be. Shockingly enough, the interest did not fade, and in high school I joined Debate and Mock Trial, which only further cultivated my interest in our legal system. When the time came to apply for college, applying for PSL was a no-brainer. What I hope to gain from PSL is something I’ve been trying to do since I was 5 years old, gain a better understanding of our legal system, with the added benefit of making friends and finding a community along the way.