Year in Review

This year, I have made incredible friends and memories, gotten used to living on my own, and grown into a better student, musician, and employee through my classes, internships, and other activities. Even before the school year began, the process of making the marching band provided me with a challenge that required higher levels of determination and hard-work than I had ever experienced before. It was also through the band that I made many of my new friends, traveled around the country, and became a better musician and leader through practice and from the example of older members. I will continue to expand this network of friends and have an opportunity to give back to the music programs at OSU through involvement in the Tau Beta Sigma sorority.

My difficult classes have pushed me to find the most effective ways for me to learn and study, and I also learned to stay organized and avoid procrastination. Through the FEH program, I found that I had a talent and passion for coding, and decided to change my major from mechanical engineering to computer science. Since then I’ve learned MATLAB, C, Java, and Python coding languages. Through my internship at Nationwide Children’s hospital and my position as a UTA for the engineering department I’ve learned to take responsibility for completing my work on time, to reach out to ask questions and clarifications, and to communicate effectively and frequently with my team.

I hope next year to continue to learn and grow, and to get more involved in different student groups and clubs as I become better at managing my work load. I also hope to continue serving as a leader for others members of the marching band and to new engineering students as a UTA for the FEH program. I am also very excited for my internship position at Nationwide Insurance this summer.