Module 3-Efficiency in the Digital Age

The most important thing I learned from this week’s module was the cause of procrastination, how to avoid it, and how to overcome it through the use of time management techniques. There are multiple reasons for procrastination such as not understanding the material, being afraid that the material is too hard, being in an environment not conducive to completing an assignment, etc. These things cause a fear of doing the assignment, which leads to us doing something else in place of that, which ultimately leads us to wait until the last minute to do an assignment. Once you find out what is making you scared to do the assignment, you can correct it, and overcome the procrastination. One technique I use to avoid procrastination is I made and try to follow a schedule. It works very well for me because when I follow it, for the most part I get my work done on schedule, which is ahead of time when comparing it to the due date. One technique I would like to try is the Ultimate goal vs the immediate desire that is talked about in the video on slide 7. (linkĀ https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=162&v=VA8D1cGW5Qk). This will help me realize why I need to do things ahead of time instead of the last minute because I will have to think about my long term goals instead of my current wants. If I had to give advice to students, I would say tackle the issue of procrastination as soon as possible because once it becomes a problem, it becomes very hard to solve.