Module 2: Communicating and Collaborating

After going through the module lesson, I learned a lot. In my opinion, the most important thing I learned from the lesson in module two was the plethora of communication and collaboration tools there are online. This is really important because throughout college there will be a ton of group assignments, so this will hopefully help me ease into all the available resources that are available to me in order to succeed in a group setting. In the module it mentioned Google Docs. This is something I frequently used and had used previously, all throughout middle, junior high, and high school. I had put Google Docs into practice through writing essays throughout my entire school career on Google Docs. Google Docs works really well, and overall, I would say using it has turned out great for me.

Some ideas that I found to be really useful that I could also put into practice were the five tips to deal with lazy group members. This video was on slide 14 of the lesson (link to video for reference https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZRyDgDlvqA). The tip I found to be most valuable from the video was to assign roles at the very beginning and to establish lines of communication within the group. This will be implemented in all my future group projects.

If I had to give advice to my fellow students, I would say utilize all of your resources. Not only are there a bunch of free tools collaboration and communication tools, but there are also tutorials on how to use them all, and the best part about this is that everything is free, you just need to invest some time in learning how to use them.