Artifacts

nspire-2nspire-1

The volunteer group of Pre-Nursing and Nursing students known as NSPIRE has made a huge difference in my experience here at Ohio State. Through volunteering at the YWCA with mothers and children as well as St. Sophia’s church, this community of empathetic men and women have taught me to value my time here at OSU and really put to use my skills in helping others through service. The people I have met through this program have taught me to spend my time increasing the happiness and well-being of those who may be struggling around me. At St. Sophia’s, we welcome citizens of Columbus who do not have homes or medical care to visit us. We check their basic vitals and give them foot baths and new socks. Although it may seem trivial, these little actions of service in our local community can empower others to commit to service as well. I plan to be a member of this service club at Ohio State until I graduate and I hope volunteering with NSPIRE continues to help me become not only a better person, but a more understanding nurse.