Leadership

Current 2019-2020 officers

Andy Soltisz: President

Sunny Kwok: Internal Vice-President

I am a 2nd year PhD graduate student in Dr. Liu’s ocular biomechanics lab. Currently, I am studying structural and neuronal deformations in the posterior eye during pressure fluctuations and their role in ocular degenerative neuropathy such as Glaucoma. After graduation, I hope to find work in research and development for ocular medical devices or pursue a medical degree to strengthen my abilities in clinical research. I am eager to bring more accessibility and faculty interactions to the student body as well as further increase our visibility within OSU. In my free time, I like to play volleyball, tennis, super smash bros, and rock some sad tunes on my piano and guitar.

Heather Struckman: External Vice-President

I am a 2nd year PhD graduate student in Dr. Veeraraghavan’s lab. Our research focuses on understanding how nanodomain level structural changes within the heart may precipitate organ level electrical dysfunction seen in atrial fibrillation. My ultimate goal is to continue on the path of academia to become a professor specializing in cardiac arrhythmias. I am excited to have the opportunity to serve as the external vice president for BME graduate student association and the events to come. During my spare time I enjoy lounging on the couch with my two miniature dachshunds (Ginger and Fritz) and rock climbing.

Tricia Oyster: Treasurer

14963213_10210875819315504_7605646873371978477_nI am a 3rd year PhD graduate student in Dr. Ghadiali’s lung biomechanics lab. Currently, I am studying epithelial and macrophage cell interactions and their role in ventilator induced lung injury, as well as developing cell-specific therapeutics to reduce lung injury. My ultimate goal is to work in industry developing therapeutics for lung diseases such as asthma. I am excited to be involved in GSA this year and help foster communication and collaboration between students and faculty. I also look forward to planning and participating in the annual research symposium again this year. When I’m not busy in lab I enjoy working out at the RPAC or playing with my kitten Dixie.

Committee Members:
Megan Co

Previous officers:

bush_pic President Emeritus: Michael Bush

IMG_6351 Internal Vice President: Kyle Bodnyk

Treasurer: Atieh

President: Mark Calhoun

onal pic

Internal Vice-President: Birce Ela Onal

amaya pic

External Vice-President: Peter Amaya

cosby photo

Treasurer: Lauren Cosby