Artifacts

Blue Green Algae in Lake Erie

My presentation is about the blue-green algae build up in lake Erie. The is mainly due to Phosphorous run off from the farming methods used in Ohio. This build up is affecting ecosystems in and around the lake, killing animals in the lake from dead zones being created due to no oxygen circulation. Toledo, Ohio had to turn off tap water due to the blue green algae infecting their drinking water. The nation is giving farmers grants to try new farming processes to decrease phosphorus numbers in the water. Ohio is also passing local bills to try and clean the lake.

This past year I accomplished my goal to obtain A’s in my second semester after a difficult autumn semester. I achieved my goal by working hard, changing my study habits, and decreasing the amount of extracurricular activities I was taking on. I also worked on getting more sleep and making sure I was not packing everything on at the last minute.  I got all A’s in everything except for physics which I expected and was aiming to get through physics with a passing grade. As it turns out I achieved all of these goals. I do not have a file to document this due to the fact that they were my grades but if you checked out my unofficial transcript you would see I achieved my goals.