Hi everyone! My name is McKenna Black and I am a first year student at OSU from Columbus, Ohio. Both of my parents went to OSU when they were in college, so it’s great to be able to carry on the tradition as a buckeye. Here at OSU, I’m majoring in Medical Laboratory Science. Ever since I was young, I have known that I want to work in the medical field and help others through health care. This idea has been solidified from taking certain math and science courses in my high school that sparked my interests, such as physiology and calculus. In addition to this, through volunteer opportunities that I’ve had, such as the teen volunteer program at Nationwide Children’s Hospital, I have developed a passion for helping others. Throughout high school as well, I was enrolled in spanish courses, so if possible, I would like to explore spanish as a minor while I’m here at OSU. In college, I hope to not only get good grades and work as hard as I can through my courses, but understand the course material at deeper levels so that I may pursue a meaningful education. Additionally, I would love to look into studying abroad because I’ve always had a strong interest in traveling. After I finish my undergraduate studies, I plan to apply to PA schools in order to later become a Physician Assistant. I’m excited to start my journey here at OSU and can’t wait to discover the opportunities it holds for me!