Here is the latest report from the Ohio Department of Health Zoonotic Disease Program:
As of 07/29/2021, 6,198 pooled mosquito samples (204,425 Culex spp. total) have been tested for West Nile Virus (WNV). Of the 6,198 pooled samples tested so far, 86 samples have tested positive for WNV. The positive samples are from:
- Clark County: 2 positive samples
- Cuyahoga County: 4 positive samples
- Franklin County (including Columbus Public Health):29 positive samples
- Hamilton County (including Cincinnati Health Department): 1 positive sample
- Lorain County: 7 positive samples
- Lucas County: 41 positive samples
- Portage County (including Kent City): 1 positive sample
- Summit County: 1 positive sample
No human cases of WNV have been reported.
No human cases of La Crosse virus have been reported.
More details are available at: https://odh.ohio.gov/vectorupdate.
You may contact the Zoonotic Disease Program (614-752-1029, option 1) if you have any questions.