[The Home Page will show a running blog of your recent posts, which are categorized and show on that category’s page. Please delete this post or edit with your own information.]
[ “Year in Review” is where you should reflect on the past year and show how you have evolved as a person and as a student. You may want to focus on your growth in a particular area (as a leader, scholar, researcher, etc.) or you may want to talk about your overall experience over the past year. For more guidance on using your ePortfolio, including questions and prompts that will help you get started, please visit the Honors & Scholars ePortfolio course in Carmen. To get answers to specific questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Delete these instructions and add your own post.]
[ “G.O.A.L.S.” is a place where students write about how their planned, current, and future activities may fit into the Honors & Scholars G.O.A.L.S.: Global Awareness, Original Inquiry, Academic Enrichment, Leadership Development, and Service Engagement. For more guidance on using your ePortfolio, including questions and prompts that will help you get started, please visit the Honors & Scholars ePortfolio course in Carmen. To get answers to specific questions, please email email@example.com. Delete these instructions and add your own post.
- Global Awareness: Students cultivate and develop their appreciation for diversity and each individual’s unique differences. For example, consider course work, study abroad, involvement in cultural organizations or activities, etc.
- Original Inquiry: Honors & Scholars students understand the research process by engaging in experiences ranging from in-class scholarly endeavors to creative inquiry projects to independent experiences with top researchers across campus and in the global community. For example, consider research, creative productions or performances, advanced course work, etc.
- Academic Enrichment: Honors & Scholars students pursue academic excellence through rigorous curricular experiences beyond the university norm both in and out of the classroom.
- Leadership Development: Honors & Scholars students develop leadership skills that can be demonstrated in the classroom, in the community, in their co-curricular activities, and in their future roles in society.
- Service Engagement: Honors & Scholars students commit to service to the community.]
For my first artifact, I chose the brand persona I created for my Social Media Marketing Digital Sandbox Project Group. During our time in the group the week before, we talked about audience analytics, brand personas and how companies should utilize that information to cater their posts to their desired audiences. Our assignment for the week was to pick a company and look up some of their demographics to use to create a brand persona for them. I chose Starbucks, and researched things like the age, education, race and family status of the typical Starbucks consumer. After finding these basic details and more, I started to design a persona graphic for the company. Beyond the basic demographics, I chose to include a short biography, other influencing brands, goals, challenges and motivations. I feel like I learned a lot from completing this activity, and I now know what a brand persona is and why it is an important aspect of successful marketing.
Hello, my name is Rachael Billups and I am a first-year student majoring in Agricultural Communications. I am from Wilmington, Ohio, where I was involved with FFA and 4-H, among other activities, but these two organizations led me to my major, and prepared me by means of leadership, professional development and many other valuable life skills. My passion for these organizations and agriculture as a whole has inspired me to pursue an education where I can learn how to effectively promote the agricultural industry and speak up for farmers. I am currently unsure of exactly what job I want to end up with, I just know I want to work for an agricultural company that I am passionate about, potentially doing public relations or possibly work in policy.
I am currently am involved in Ohio State’s Agricultural Communicators of Tomorrow Club, where I can be introduced to opportunities in the Ag. Communications field and get experience at the same time. Additionally, I am apart of the Media, Marketing and Communications Scholars program, where I am learning more skills about current media and communication technologies that will make me more sell-able to job positions in the future. In my free time, I also enjoy participating on the OSU Club Swim Team, cheering on Buckeye football and other athletics, spending time with animals of any kind, and searching for great ice cream.
Through this portfolio, I hope to track my personal academic progress made towards my college education over my time at The Ohio State University. Please feel free to look through my work, and reach me with any needs or questions by email at firstname.lastname@example.org!