- Ph.D., Materials Science and Engineering, The Ohio State University, 2018
- B.S., Physics, University of Toledo, 2013
Research Interests: Semiconductor Physics for Photovoltaic Applications; Electron Microscopy; CO2-Geothermal Energy Storage
Department of Materials Science and Engineering – The Ohio State University, Graduate Research Assistant, 2013 – 2018.
-Characterization of high efficiency, III/V-Si devices through electron microscopy
Department of Physics – University of Toledo, Research Assistant, 2013
-Studied of world Uranium to produce modeled peak Uranium curves. This data was used in combination with current energy systems information to formulate a calculation of the energy returned on energy invested for nuclear power in the United States.
Argonne National Laboratory, Research Intern, 2012
-This project utilized Atomic Layer Deposition to explore the possibilities of Tungsten use in the ITO layer of thin film photovoltaics.
Department of Polymer Science – University of Akron (Goodyear Tire Company), Research Assistant, 2011
-The simulation of diffusion of water molecules into Pol(3-hexylthiophene2,5-diyl) (P3HT), a polymer used for PV devices, was used to study degradation associated with P3HT in water.
Department of Physics – University of Toledo, Research Assistant, 2010
-This project was preformed at the Wright Center for Photovoltaics Innovation and Commercialization on a Cadmium Selenide quantum dot solar device for comparison purposes with Cadmium Teleride devices.
- 2nd best presentation for Instrumentation and Techniques at 2014 Microscopy and Microanalysis conference (2014)
- Robert and Noreen Stollberg Award (2013) for a student who demonstrates creativity, leadership skills, integrity, academic achievement, and service to the university and community
- Semifinalist for 2012-2013 EPA Clean Energy Business Challenge (2013)
- Jackson and Sally K. Smith Endowed Scholarship (2011) for students studying Physics who demonstrate responsible citizenship, who are active in community affairs and who participate in minor sports at UT
- Edwin Jayamaha Scholarship Award (2011) for outstanding students planning careers in renewable energy
- Building Ohio’s Sustainable Energy Future (BOSEF) scholarship and member recipient (2009 – 2013) – competitive scholarship for dedication to sustainable and clean energy sources for Ohio through a Choose Ohio First grant