- M.S., Environmental Engineering and Water Resources. Department of Civil, Environmental, and Geodetic Engineering. The Ohio State University, 2017
- B.S., Environmental and Ecological Engineering, Purdue University, 2013
Research Interests and Experience: bridging fossil fuels and renewable resources; CO2 capture, utilization, and storage (CCUS); enhanced water recovery (CO2-EWR)
Publications emanating from work in the Energy Sustainability Research Laboratory:
- Hunter, K. (2017). “CO2-Enhanced Water Recovery through Integrated CO2 Injection and Brine Extraction in the Rock Springs Uplift Formation in Southwest, WY.” M.S. Thesis. The Ohio State University.
- Harp, D., Stauffer, P., O’Malley, D., Jiao, Z., Eganolf., E., Miller, T., Martinez, D., Hunter, K., Middleton, R., Bielicki, J., and Pawar, R. (2017) “Development of Robust Pressure Management Strategies for Geologic CO2 Sequestration.” International Journal of Greenhouse Gas Control, 64, 43-59.
- Hunter, K., Bielicki, J., Middleton, R., Stauffer, P., Harp, D., Pawar, R., Martinez, D. (2017). “Integrated CO2 Storage and Brine Production.” Energy Procedia, 114, 6331-6336.
Research and Professional Experience:
Los Alamos National Laboratory (LANL) – Mickey Leland Energy Fellowship
- Simulated CO2 injection and brine production for CO2-Enhanced Water Recovery (CO2-EWR) in the Rock Springs Uplift, WY.
National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL) – Science Undergraduate Laboratory Internship (SULI)
- Modeled the Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) of natural gas for the National Renewable Energy Laboratory Life Cycle Inventory (LCI) database.
Los Alamos National Laboratory (LANL) – Science Undergraduate Laboratory Internship (SULI)
- Modeled the effects of permafrost and sediment on riverbank erosion on Arctic rivers in Alaska using various river erosion scenarios through the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) Bank Stability and Toe-Erosion Model (BSTEM).
2016 ARPAe Innovation Summit, one of 100 students nationwide selected to attend
2016 OSU Sustainable and Resilient Economy Seed Grant
2016 Mickey Leland Energy Fellowship, U.S. Department of Energy
2009-2013, Purdue University Presidential Scholarship
2009, Patti S. Rowlette Scholarship
Other Interests: Sustainability, music, reading, movies, scuba diving, hiking