Event 16: Goin’ Global Informational Session (Professional Development)

This event occurred on Monday, November 2nd and was hosted by Alex Lane. I chose this event because I am still interested in study abroad after my Dresden Summer Program trip was canceled because of that big jerk of a disease known as Covid-19. I did not attend this event at the time but revisited the Zoom video later on. Turns out, this presentation had nothing to do with study abroad and this is what happens when you randomly jump into things after only reading the name. Turns out, GoinGlobal actually has to do with finding jobs and internships abroad. This is not exactly what I’m going for while at OSU but you bet I’m gonna get the heck outta the US and experience the greater world as soon as I can. I’m not sure GoinGlobal is the best fit for me but it is a good resource to keep in the utility belt for later on. These days, I’m heavily considering going to Germany for graduate school and trying to get into the workforce from there but we’ll see. If I’ve learned anything from 2020 it’s that plans are not always gonna stick. Sometimes you just have to play the hand you’re dealt.