Event 15: Current Events Catcht Up 3 (Academic)

This event was mostly composed of a Kahoot quiz and follow up informational presentation, both hosted by the Samantha Zimmerman. The energy was a chill and jovial Sunday night Zoom call where IA members could get up to date on current events. For myself personally, I did decent on the Kahoot but there were some world events that I was unaware of. More absurd things like the president of Turkmenistan building a giant gold statue of his dog in the center of a roundabout was in my radar but I wasn’t up to date about how the protests in Sudan have been developing. If I have to attribute my lack of information to anything it would be just the trip and a half that this semester has been. I definitely over extended myself and the fact that I have asynchronous lectures that turn an hour and 20 mins of lecture into a three hour power point doesn’t help me stay up to date with world events. One of my goals for winter break is to get back into the habit of being better informed about current events since I will have more free time. Hopefully, the current events could get a little brighter after a dark year.