Event 9: Current Events Convo (Social)

With the over-abundance of good news coming from all directions in the world right now (read this with intense yet defeated sarcasm), I have been limiting my access to online news outlets for my own sanity. That is why I decided to pick this event, to help me catch up on current events in a way that felt better than reading the soul crushing articles I normally would have. Unfortunately I could not be at the Zoom but I did watch the recording, my reason for absence being my brain and motivation have turned to mush. From Dutch flowers to Central Asia (I actually do know a bit about the region because I had nothing better to do than early high school then to suck up obscure geographical knowledge) it was much more refreshing to hear people talk about news than to stare into Don Lemon’s tired eyes as I sit in depressing silence watching CNN with my mom. Sam did a great job relaying information about current events in a way that I enjoyed. It was also good to hear from you (I’m assuming Steven is reading this), Mitch, and Zaida. One downside though is that after watching the recording I somehow miss OSU more than I already did.