Event 10: DAAD Rise Information Session (Academic)

I chose to watch the recording of this event because I was set to study abroad in Dresden this summer but that went out the window so I thought why not learn about more programs that go to Germany. This one is an internship too so my bank account will be less disappointed in me spending money to go over seas if I decide to apply in the future. That being said, it is a STEM program but with a recession coming up Anthropology might just not cut it so I’m keeping my options open. Allison did a great job sharing information about the program and I giggled at imagining an American trying to speak German with a Swedish accent. I sorta like the appeal of it not being a study abroad program per se and having the freedom of just being an intern in Germany. The program looks challenging to get into but the rewards seem great and it seems like a fantastic experience. If I’m being honest, one of my favorite things about watching this recording was watching Steven stare intensely at his phone and occasionally letting his mouth fall ever so slightly open as Allison eloquently explained the program.